SIDEK CLINIC FOR WOMEN PTE LTD
Cosmetic Gynaecology Services
Over the years in our practice, we encounter many patients who are not satisfied with their genital areas. Some wanted to look better in their genital areas. Some feel that it is no longer tight “down there” after childbirth, resulting in reduced pleasure during their sexual intimacy.
We understand that having genital cosmetic surgery is a very private decision. We are wiling to hear your concerns and work towards addressing your those concerns accordingly, under the strictest confidence.
“ Our mission is to empower patients with
knowledge, choice and alternatives “
What is Female Genital Plastic Surgery?
Female Genital Plastic Surgery is a general term to encompass all the cosmetic procedures of the vagina and vulval structures .The specific terminologies we use have been trademarked by Dr David Matlock, the inventor of such procedures.
They are Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation (LVR)® and Designer Laser Vaginoplasty ( DLV)® . LVR is for the enhancement of sexual gratification ( vaginal tightening ) and DLV is for the aesthetic enhancement of vulval structures (Labioplast/Labiaplasty). These are the most commonly requested procedures . In addition, given some cultural background, Hymenoplasty, where the hymen is reconstructed, can also be done at our clinic.
Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation (LVR) ®
Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation is a procedure to tighten and narrow the vagina to increase sexual gratification in women who feel that their vagina is too loose or child bearing.
This procedure has to be done in the hospital because we require moderate sedation or general anesthesia for the surgery . As it involves dissection of tissues and precise surgical techniques.
Risks can be divided into two. Those at the time of surgery and those in the recovery period .
1. This would be injury to adjacent structures . Injury to the bladder and the rectum are our main concerns . This happens when those structures form adhesions to the vagina normally after childbirth. If we encounter the injury at the time of surgery we can correct it and you may need further post op care. If however we only find out after the surgery then more interventions may be needed . The risk of injury is very low though .
2. The other risk at the time of the surgery is bleeding . For the most part bleeding is part and parcel of any surgery and we can control it . In very rare cases bleeding can be profuse and may require blood transfusion . This is also very rare .
1. The most common is secondary hemorrhage or bleeding after being discharged from the hospital . In such cases you have to contact the doctor immediately . The most common cause of this is wound infection or if a suture had come off too early . The treatment may be as simple as packing the vagina or even exploring the wound in the operation room under general anesthesia .
2. One of the more common common complications is wound break down . This is when the sutures come off prematurely and there is a gap in the wound In most cases it can be treated with daily dressing and antibiotics .
Designer Laser Vaginoplasty ®
We offer procedures to trim and beautify the labia so that it is more aesthetically pleasing. Some women find their labia minor excessively long and thick or of uneven size. We can, by laser technology, trim and shorten it.
We can recreate the hymen by using lasers so that women can appear to have an intact hymen like virgin again.
- Hymenoplasty can be done in the clinic under moderate sedation .
- We need you to fast for 6 hours prior to the surgery .
- The surgery will take about 45 minutes . You can go home once the effects of anesthesia have worn off .
The main issue would be wound breakdown and the hymen is torn again . It is imperative that you should not exercise or swim during the recovery period . If you do not follow the post operative instructions carefully then this may happen.